* began his real estate career in 1968 and has been involved in sales, management, commercial, and property management.
* developed simple-to-use forms accepted industry-wide to explain financial concepts such as the benefits of home ownership, the cost of waiting to buy, investment analysis, loan comparison, and others.
* understands the needs of today's real estate agent better than any other product developer. He knows what they will use, how they'll use it, and how much they'll pay for it. He also knows how to train them.
* taught nationally for almost 25 years in the CRS, Certified Residential Specialist and GRI, Graduate of the REALTORS (R) Institute programs.
* spoken at the National Association of REALTORS (R) Convention each year since 1978. He has been a featured speaker for state association conventions and national franchises, like RE/MAX, Realty Executives, Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker, ERA, Century 21, and Realty World.
* conceived and developed the Prep Software company that grew to 20,000 customers and one of the preferred agent software solutions. It had many firsts in the real estate sector: the first Windows Financial program, the first multimedia program, the first to make the switch from DOS to Windows, the first true Windows contact manger, and the first fully integrated Suite to use the same database.
* consulted with Texas Instruments to develop the BA Real Estate financial calculator that allows agents to easily provide information for buyers and sellers to make better decisions.
* consulted with CompUSA, Texas Instruments, Acer Computers, Hewlett Packard, Epson, Lexmark and others to develop relationships with the real estate industry.
* developed several software programs that became industry standards for real estate agents. The strong marketing applications became the unique quality in his products. They were recognized as the leading presentation products available.
* created the first widely-used postcard prospecting system for salespeople. The $10 Million Postcard Prospecting System focused on name recognition and repetitive contacts. This simple but direct program is the cornerstone of success for many of today's highest producing agents.
* owned and operated a multi-office real estate company.
* accumulated a specialized education with a bachelor's degree in real estate from the University of North Texas and a variety of professional designations including CCIM, Certified Commercial Investment Member, CRB, Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager, CRS, Certified Residential Specialist, and GRI, Graduate of the REALTORS (R) Institute.
* collaborated with Dr. Michael Lawler and Tom Martin to develop the ITI, Instructor Training Institute which is used by many state associations to certify instructors for the GRI program.
* writes one of the most widely-read e-mail newsletters for agents.
* authored How to Automate for More Listings and Sales, Profiles of Top Producers, and several software technical manuals.
* published over 80 articles in professional periodicals including Real Estate Business, REALTOR (R) Magazine, Real Estate Today, Real Estate Professional, Mobility, Texas REALTOR (R), Florida REALTOR (R), and other state association magazines.
* received the REALTORS (R) National Marketing Institute's Quill Pen Award in 1996 for the best article of the year.